- Please use the Microsoft PowerPoint* (*.ppt) or (*pptx), or Adobe Acrobat Reader (.pdf) to guarantee that the presentation will open successfully on congress organisers’ PC. The submitted presentation will serve as a backup and will be run by congress organisers if you encounter technical problems, and you are not able to share your presentation via Zoom.
- We recommend that you save your PowerPoint presentation using PPT(X).
- Please keep in mind that we cannot guarantee the quality of MacIntosh-based presentations. If you have uploaded a MacIntosh-based presentation, please contact the congress secretariat at email@example.com to check if the presentations is compatible with Windows.
- Please prepare your presentation in 16:9 format.
- Pictures inserted into PowerPoint are embedded into the presentations. Pictures that are created at a dpi setting higher than 200 dpi are not necessary and will only increase the file size of your presentation.
- If you have any videos in your presentation – please contact the congress secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org to check if the videos work properly.
- Make sure that the video is embedded into the presentation. If the video is not embedded, it will not be included in the uploaded presentation and consequently the organisers will not be able to run a video if you encounter technical problems and you are not able to share the presentation.
How to embed a video stored on your PC
1. In Normal view, click the slide that you want the video to be in.
2. On the Insert tab, click the arrow under Video, and then click Video on My PC.
3. In the Insert Video box, click the video that you want, and then click Insert (do not click Link to File).
- Only fonts that are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows will be available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows can cause the wrong layout / style of your presentation.
- Suggested fonts: Arial, Times New Roman, Tahoma.
- If you need to use different fonts, these must be embedded into your presentation by choosing the right option when saving your presentation, see details below.
How to embed fonts in PowerPoint
1. Click the File tab and then click Options (it's near the bottom left corner of the window).
2. In the left column, select the Save tab.
3. At the bottom, under Preserve fidelity when sharing this presentation, select the ‘Embed fonts in the file‘ check box.
4. Click OK.