Information for Remote Participants
- WAC-9 Congress will be organized in a hybrid format using Zoom platform (www.zoom.us). Both presenters and audience will be able to participate either physically – in-person or remotely – virtually.
- You will be able to join all hybrid sessions through the congress website after logging in to the User Zone.
- Hybrid sessions, submission forms, and registration for the congress are accessible through the User Zone using the same username and password.
- If you submitted an abstract, your login credentials remain the same.
- You will not receive any join links by e-mail.
- Support – If you are unable to join the session, please contact us at email@example.com.
We strongly recommend to download the Zoom desktop client and to install it on your computer. It is also possible to join the Zoom webinar from your Internet browser using the web client. The Zoom web client allows joining a Zoom meeting or webinar without downloading any plugins or software. However, the web client has limited features and should only be used if you can't access the other options.
We strongly recommend to download and install the Zoom desktop client and to familiarize yourself with Zoom in advance before the start of the congress.
Please find detailed instructions on how to download and install the Zoom desktop client and how to familiarize yourself with Zoom here. If you will participate as an audience (i.ie. you do not give any talk, you are not a chair/panelist/symposium organiser) only step 1 of the instrutions applies to you.
Information on how audience can ask questions
Raise hand – audience can click the “Raise hand” icon in Zoom. They will be able to ask the question using the microphone.
Chat – audience can send questions via chat, moderator will read the questions out loud.
Download Virtual Backgrounds here.
If you have any inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.